M&A People Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Responsible for managing the People elements of mergers and acquisitions, including domestic and international deals. Guides the due diligence and analysis (particularly the talent evaluation with the acquiring organization), drives the People pieces of integration planning and execution, and manages the overall People project plan. Partners with cross-functional specialists and managers throughout the deal, from initiation to integration, with a particular attention to colleagues in People. Ensures that Apple delivers an unmatched experience for the new employees (and their families if relocating), including providing insight to Apple’s culture, clarity around the process and enthusiasm for what’s ahead.
- Ideally, three years of exposure and participation in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- At least seven years People/HR experience interacting with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Exposure and knowledge of the due diligence processes and procedures used within the context of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and/or joint ventures, including applicable laws and regulations that can affect merger and acquisition decisions
- Excellent presentation skills. Must be able to craft and deliver with ease compelling and informative Keynote presentations — to audiences large and small.
- Confident and composed with senior executives both at Apple and at target companies.
- Ability to remain composed given aggressive timelines and a high volume of activities throughout deal process
- Ability to balance objective and subjective. Acquisitions can be difficult especially for the target’s team. They must be assured that they and their colleagues will be well-cared for, that concerns will be heard and that issues can be resolved collaboratively. Must combine clear business sense (especially as it relates to costs and compensation) with compassion.
- Ease in analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willingness to travel (including internationally) up to 40 percent of the time and often on extremely short notice.
- Willingness and flexibility to work within varying time zones, nights weekends and off hours
- High customer attention and awareness that constantly seeks creative solutions with the highest standards of integrity to produce a set of positive experiences for the acquired employees
- Ability to combine strategic thinking, strong operational execution with strong attention to detail
-M&A experience a strong plus -Customer experience mindset -Established network and relationships within Apple -Experience leading and working on complex cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders -Experience working internationally -Demonstrated organizational skills and change management skills -Experience in mergers and acquisitions with a company with sales in excess of $1 Billion annually or experience at a consulting firm leading mergers and acquisitions activities on behalf of clients
Education & Experience
-Bachelor’s degree preferred -Bachelor’s degree in People/Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business. -Master’s degree or MBA