Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced software engineering manager, to lead a team of hardworking individuals that support our engineering efforts. This role is also responsible to recruit extraordinary talent to strengthen the team. We are a rare security engineering group within Apple IS&T. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. We are responsible to design, implement and support the ongoing need to improve customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are tightly coupled with hardware. We work multi-functionally with teams Apple wide and our hardworking team of engineers is a key to our success.
- Proven ability to lead high-performing engineering teams
- Prior/recent coding experience in both C and/or Java on Unix-like OS, preferably with mission critical, large-scale enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of database technology including those used for leading big data
- Working knowledge on security concepts in PKI (X.509, PKCS), and Cryptography (Digital Signatures, Encryption) and their applications.
- Experience writing detailed specification, reviewing test plan documentation
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong leadership and interpersonal capabilities.
- Understand and communicate complex technical, logical, or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Excellent analytical mindset and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Be highly reciprocal, with a track record of being able to influence multi-functional teams and leaders, and develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb interpersonal skills and polished demeanor, especially across dynamic audiences; e.g. working with multi-functional technical and business teams
Apple is seeking an extraordinary leader to manage a team of hardworking engineers. This is a management position that will support several critical projects in platform security, and it requires experience and expertise effectively leading a team with varied levels of experience. This role will work closely with our engineering teams and partner multi-functionally with peer organizations, and dependent teams to ensure timely execution. A highly organized, results driven manager is vital to lead the team to successfully handle the high volume of parallel engagements. You will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You are an extraordinary leader who will be able to cultivate an environment that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and creativity.
Education & Experience
Degree in Engineering, or 5+ years of equivalent, hands-on applicable experience in large enterprise environments.