Cellular Standards RF Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? As a Cellular Standards RF Engineer, you will be a key member of Apple’s Hardware Technologies Org, tasked with driving practical wireless system innovation into the cellular standard and next generation wireless products.
- We want you to have 5+ years of relevant experience in cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR) with in depth knowledge of cellular network RF parameters.
- Practical experience developing simulations of RF emission spectra and maximum power reduction evaluation is key.
- Knowledge of coexistence analysis and requirement development is critical to your success.
- Direct experience in transmitter, receiver architectures, and system design is necessary.
- Deep understanding of digital communications theory and cellular network design principles is important; understanding of antenna array theory would be a plus.
- Strong analytical & communication skills will help you thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Strong technical writing skills are helpful.
- Programming language knowledge, such as Matlab, C++, is needed.
In this role, you will be part of a forward-looking team which drives innovation and technical contributions in 3GPP RAN4 and across the working groups. As an individual contributor, you will work closely with the RF Design, Antenna, and regulatory teams to develop RF requirements for emerging cellular technology features, develop and maintain the MPR simulation platform, and drive practical and product-driven innovation into the standard. There will be occasional travel, including international.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering is required; Ph.D. with focus on digital communications is preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.