Design Producer, Common UI & Inclusive Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Media Products Design Team is seeking an enthusiastic Design Producer to support Common UI and Inclusive Design projects. You will work closely with the Design Manager, product designers and cross-functional partners to define project requirements, manage resourcing and deliverables, manage executive-level design reviews, and effectively represent the design team and its goals. We believe design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the design team is at the creative core of Apple Media Products. The Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work.
- 7+ years as a producer in UX/UI design, visual design, and inclusive design.
- Strong understanding of Universal Design principles and WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Experience managing and driving a library of UX and UI patterns that are used across multiple teams.
- Basic understanding of iOS features like Dynamic Type and VoiceOver, and familiarity with the underlying technology that powers them.
- Thorough understanding of UX/UI ideation, execution, and delivery processes.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers.
This is a fast-paced team focused on complex design challenges. This position works closely with many other teams and will be an advocate for user experience. Responsibilities: Accurately represent design goals and intentions to cross functional teams. Manage cross functional relationships and partnerships while representing design team. Manage meetings and design reviews. Capture key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes. Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables. Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an aggressive schedule. Ensure timely handoff of design specs to engineering. Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation. Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment. You might be a good fit if you: Have a compelling desire to deliver innovative and exceptional UI design to our customers. Are passionate about inclusive and accessible designs for all users. Understand the value of shared design attributes and commonality across different types of products. Want to be on a team where design and user experience is represented and defended. Want to work on a team where the best ideas win regardless of source. Want to work on a team where trust, sharing and healthy debate is the norm. Want to be on a team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals. You have a passion for Apple, our products, our values, and our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent