GPU Performance Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be responsible for performance analysis, tuning, and debug of Apple’s GPU products. As a member of our Hardware design team, you will collaborate closely with other GPU Design and Software Engineers to study, debug and improve the performance of Apple’s mobile GPUs.
- Strong hardware and software debug skills
- GPU hardware and architectural knowledge
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience with RTL - System Verilog or VHDL
- Waveform analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication, excellent organization skills, and highly self-motivated
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- Develop performance test plans and write tests to validate GPU performance - Run, triage, and debug performance tests to identify issues in hardware and software - Analyze both top-level and unit-level GPU IP for performance issues - Propose novel hardware solutions to improve GPU performance. - Develop tools and infrastructure to measure, characterize, and communicate GPU performance - Work with architecture, hardware, and software teams to analyze and improve performance
Education & Experience
BS or MS in EE/CS/ECS