Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. The App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store. Designed to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before, offering an unparalleled user experience, featuring compelling stories, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games that showcase Apple’s unique perspective as well as help and inspire customers every day. And launching this fall on the App Store — Apple Arcade — the world’s first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room. Featuring over 100 new and exclusive games made by some of the most critically acclaimed game developers in the world. We are seeking an experienced designer to join our App Store Product Design team in an exciting and fast-paced organization. The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight users. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to millions of people worldwide.
- 5+ years work experience
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing UX, UI and visual design work for mobile, desktop TV and web.
- A command of visual and communication design principles
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a product designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce environment is a plus.
- A deep understanding of the Apple design aesthetic, UI, and history
- A passion for Apple, it’s products, and its customers is a requirement.
The App Store Product Design team is looking for an extraordinary hands-on digital product designer to work across all our platforms, including iOS, Mac, TV and web. You will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets and producing documentation required for implementation with engineering teams. You flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline driven environment. You are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management. Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principals. You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Interest in new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices is required. You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Interaction, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar.