Data Engineer / Scientist (Spark + AI 2019)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for excellent software engineers with experience in big data engineering. You will have the opportunity to engage with exciting new-product teams around Apple, and use your data science, systems, machine learning and artificial intelligence skills to tackle challenging technical problems in our next generation products that will delight millions of people. We are hiring in Cupertino, Seattle, and Pittsburgh.
- Strong programming skills in C++, Java, Scala, or Python
- Deep understanding of basic data structures and algorithms
- Experience with scaling data platforms to hundreds of terabytes or petabytes using Spark or Hadoop
- Familiarity with modern machine learning techniques
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
- Curious about new technologies and passionate about exploring new use cases
At Apple, you will design, develop and deploy large scale services and platforms. You will also collaborate with teams across Apple, who are building the newest, most compelling intelligent applications in the world. You will have strong engineering and communication skills, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience