Health Technologies Studies Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Group conceives of and proves out exciting new technologies for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a Studies Project Manager to lead human study efforts in collecting data to support development and validation of new health sensors and algorithms.
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Strong human research background with clear understanding of study lifecycle
- Strong organizational and management skills with a track record of on-time project delivery
- Ability to influence teams to adopt best practices
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and resourcefulness to drive the project to success
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working with and managing external sites and/or managing vendors
- Some travel is required, approximately 15-20%
Studies Project Managers are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status internally and with external sites and/or vendors. A Studies Project Manager must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big picture. Studies Project Managers must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled internal hardware and software design teams as well as external sites and vendors to achieve a successful study meeting timelines and data quality needs. Studies Project Managers need to have a strong understanding of human studies research lifecycle and be adaptable to managing studies with varying levels of data collection requirements. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross- functional communication skills and experience are essential. The Studies Project Manager will interact with all engineering design disciplines, data analysis, legal, business development, and other project management teams. Having exposure and familiarity with the changing dynamics of research and development is highly desired. The Studies Project Manager will be responsible for maintaining communication with external test sites; maintaining project schedules; understanding and managing budgets; cross- functional organization, communication, and management; creating meetings and documenting action items and progress; reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering or any other engineering discipline, or equivalent preferred.