iOS Display Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices on all of Apple’s hardware.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Development experience on Unix, Linux or Mac OS
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience using and implementing general operating system concepts
- Strong kernel-mode device driver development skills
The GPU Software team within IMG is looking for a top-notch, driven, and dedicated engineer to work on our iOS display driver team. The iOS display driver team delivers production drivers for all of Apple’s existing and future iOS products. The display team is heavily involved in new product development, including software features ranging from UI composition and video playback to various backlight and panel technologies, plus power management, silicon architecture, development and validation. A successful candidate is extremely detail oriented, possessing excellent debug and problem solving skills, and a passion for kernel device drivers and graphics.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree
- Knowledge of scaling, filtering and video formats
- Knowledge or display technology
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing