SoC Thermal Architect/Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious individual who will work closely with multi-functional teams to optimize mobile device’s thermal performance and participate in advanced IC packaging research and development.
- Extensive experience in thermal analysis and modeling of System on Chip (SoC), IC packages and mobile devices.
- Experience in modeling transient thermal response and reduced-order modeling in mobile devices.
- Knowledge of semiconductor, package, PCB or mobile device design and thermal testing.
- Experience working with IC physical design parameters affecting electrical and thermal performance of packaging technologies.
- Knowledge of SoC design methodology, low-power techniques and thermal analysis methods.
- Knowledge of advanced packaging assembly processes along with electrical and thermal characteristics of packages.
- Tool Familiarity: Ansys Ice Pak, Sentinel-TI, Fluent, Cadence Allegro, Redhawk etc.
- Ability to drive and lead cross-functional teams to execute on “design for thermal”.
This position is responsible for: Leading and managing a small team of talented and hardworking thermal and electrical engineers Architecting thermal solutions to address chip energy efficiency and performance scaling Providing thermal modeling solutions to mobile devices at silicon die and semiconductor package levels, Optimizing advanced IC design scheme/floor-planning to ensure good thermal performance Developing detailed and reduced-order thermal models Analyzing simulation and measurement results to enhance product thermal management
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in an Engineering Discipline, related field or experience in lieu of