Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Apple is looking for an engineer to enhance, develop and maintain internal services and tools. In this highly visible role, you will have the responsibility of ensuring that Apple's world class Silicon Engineering Group will have the infrastructure and tools needed to engineer and design the worlds most advanced silicon devices and products. You will utilize your experience with CI/CD and revision control systems to ensure that hardware engineers and software engineers alike have access to modern tooling and processes.
- At least 5+ years of experience supporting CI/CD infrastructure or general DevOps engineering experience.
- Proficient with one or more CI/CD tools — TeamCity/Jenkins/CircleCI/GitLab
- Experience with multiple revision control systems — Git/SVN/Perforce
- Experience with artifact tooling and package management — Artifactory/Nexus/GitLab
- Proficient in Linux based platforms
- Strong knowledge of configuration management
- Must be analytical and possess strong organizational/problem-solving skills.
This is a role in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which developing and fostering partnerships with the cross-functional teams is key to long-term success. The person filling this position must be a hands-on, proactive, self-motivated engineer with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment while operating in a DevOps mindset. This role entails supporting multiple CI/CD platforms for multiple teams and you will be responsible for evangelizing performant workflows. Additional responsibilities include performing auxiliary support for revision control services, and general support for other DevOps tooling such as artifact management and container orchestration.
Education & Experience
BS Degree in CS/CE or equivalent field.