Quality Assurance Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Quality Shared Services (QSS) is critical to the tools and processes developed within the Business Process Re-Engineering team. As the QSS Manager, you will be managing a team of quality analysts and program managers who are driving large scale test efforts cross functionally and cross regionally. You will work to identify and resolve key issues in a dynamic environment facing exciting challenges daily. You should possess a high-energy personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a real passion to testing and quality.
- Expertise: strong capabilities in end-to-end software testing in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Customer Focused: Passionate about the customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Team Player: Excellent cross-functional communication and influencing skills
- Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best quality minded individuals
- Priority Driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution
- Optimization Mindset: Strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset. Preferred expertise in writing automaton scripts using tools such as Selenium Webdriver with TestNG Framework, and Java.
- Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Exec Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience
- Management of quality team comprised of full time employees and contractors - Define, manage, and execute all forms of testing, including regression testing, end to end stage testing, smoke testing, performance testing, integration testing with partners - Define and integrate automation into testing processes - Hands on validation of testing tools and processes - Interpret and analyze system and data issues - Drive best practices for defining, setting, and maintaining quality standards for initiatives - Develop, modify, and execute test strategies, plans, and programs - Design and develop tools and environment plans to facilitate efficiencies in testing process - Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance standards, including configuration and master data setups as well as designing regression test suites - Coordinate and optimize testing in a cross functional, cross regional environment
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant and equivalent industry experience required. MBA/MS preferred.