Search Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for experienced, self driven, Infrastructure Engineers to deliver the next generation of Local Search. This is an opportunity to be part of a team which is re-architecting search infrastructure from the ground up to deliver the best in class local search experience for our customers. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about search, cares about innovation, software craftsmanship, building high performance software products, and always thinking about optimizing software for best utilization of resources and provide a high quality of customer experience by providing the best search results.
- Good understanding of client-server protocols, algorithms and data structures Strong programming and debugging skills in Java, Python
- Extensive experience in building automation tools and CI / CD workflows Experience with software build tools (Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Solid working knowledge of Linux based operating systems Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
As a member of the Maps Search Infrastructure team you will be working on various components of the Maps Search Infrastructure. As a member of the team you will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of core search components which serves millions of customers worldwide. You will be working closely with the data, search relevance and analytics teams to develop new features and ensuring our customers have the best search experience. You will be working on high performance and highly available search systems using Lucene, Java in Linux environments. You will participate in design and code reviews and work with engineers and QA to deliver high quality search experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master of Science (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with 3+ years of work experience
- Experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce/Yarn/Spark
- Experience with Lucene or any other Search Engine
- Experience with analysis and improving efficiency, stability and scalability of Search Systems
- High performance computing experience building large volume serving infrastructure