App Store Product Marketing Manager, Games
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The App Store is the largest gaming platform in the world. In 2008, we launched with 500 apps and games. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? Are you passionate about games and want to help our customers discover and play games they’ll love by our incredible game developer community? As the Product Marketing Manager for Games, you will define and drive the product strategy for games on the App Store from customer experience, to distribution and monetization. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional partners in engineering, product design, analytics, and the business to build the vision and strategy for unique game experiences that would only be possible in Apple’s ecosystem . Core responsibilities include defining success criteria and scope, launching new features, and optimizing them over time. You will build innovative solutions to challenges that arise throughout the product lifecycle.
- 5-7 years of experience in mobile games in a product marketing or product management role; experience with mobile games marketplaces, and expertise in freemium and subscription models a plus
- Strong analytical skills; ability to measure the right things to drive improved customer experiences; experience designing and executing on A/B tests a plus
- Have an uncompromising attention to detail and the ability to operate seamlessly between highly detailed and technical situations as well as strategic business situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handles high stakes decisions with ease, and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Proven oral and written communication skills; ability to become fluent in technical concepts and explain to non-technical partners
- Very strong storytelling and Keynote presentation skills
- You will define and develop consensus on product vision, strategy, and ongoing optimization for game-related features across cross-functional teams globally. - Advance the faithful implementation of the product vision and strategy, from managing the feature definition process, to crafting how it’s unveiled to customers and developers. - Advocate for the prioritization of impactful features for games on the engineering roadmap and key resource commitments among cross-functional teams. - Interact with company executives to build product vision for new features, report on improvements to the customer experience over time, and provide domain expertise. - Have expert knowledge of the field, including competitive and 3rd party products and competitor strategy, including privacy-focused product approaches. - You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams - Develop a corporate development strategy and suggests M&A activity as needed.
Education & Experience
BS degree, MS/MBA a plus