iOS Senior Software Engineer - Clinical Health Insights
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly, and making the kind of impact that changes people's lives. Apple Health Software team embodies the core Apple values around delighting our customers with groundbreaking user experiences, empowering users to live a better - and healthier - life, while keeping their data safe, private, and secure. The Clinical Health Insights team needs your help shaping the next generation of health-related mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate and understand clinical and health related data to spark change. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunities to work with world class physicians, designers, and engineers to help innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can. As a member of the team you’ll have the opportunity to work with experts in their field to expand the functionality of the Health App, the HealthKit framework, and support the broader health-related efforts at Apple.
- Note: We don't require that you have experience with all of this to begin with, but it is directly relevant to the role.
- Experience delivering high quality software at scale
- Exceptional experience in building complex iOS applications in Objective-C or Swift
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong API design knowledge
- Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, lldb, Instruments)
- Experience in Healthcare space a plus
- Experience in machine learning techniques for building predictive models for recommendations or personalization is a plus
In this role, you will take part in the ownership of the product design, implementation, and feature development. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You are excited about developing new features, as well as maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You care deeply about software architecture and writing code that is robust and maintainable for the future. You take the extra step to run your projects through instruments and fine-tune performance to deliver the best experience to users. You know it’s all in the details.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience