Technical Product Manager - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to make broader impact across Apple's newest and most highly rated services? If you love working on new challenges while working with broad cross functional team look no further. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) organization provides Apple customers around the world with access to an incredible collection of content and experiences across music, movies, apps, books, iCloud, and much more. The Technical Product Management team plays a leading role in supporting the rapid growth of App Store, Apple Music, Movies, TV, and iBooks across 155 countries. This role will be focused on managing pricing, rights, availability, payment consolidation, and vendor automation systems. This will require working cross-functionally with teams (such as engineering, QA, business, operations, legal, compliance, and finance) to improve technical capabilities and address varying requirements in a scalable manner. You will work on new features that will impact hundreds of millions of customers globally. New features introduce innovative business models, provide customers with exciting new types of content, and make products and services more accessible. Examples from the past few years include rapidly growing the App Store to more countries, launching the new subscriptions platform for developers, and the new Apple Music service.
- Experience working with engineering and quality teams to develop and launch features, gathering functional requirements and preparing engineering and QA specifications.
- Expertise in SQL and relational database systems.
- Solid understanding of various system integrations and workflow dependencies.
- Skilled meeting facilitator with superior project management and Keynote presentation abilities.
- Experience with senior management and executive level teams.
- Willingness to work in a hands-on, high volume, dynamic, and constantly evolving environment.
- At least 5 – 7 years of related experience in product/program management, consulting, or engineering.
- Lead technical improvements around worldwide pricing, rights, availability, payment consolidation, and vendor automation systems across Apple’s Internet and Software Services. - Implement new pricing system features for product launches, including translating pricing-related ideas and strategies into well-defined engineering requirements - Design and refine pricing systems to accommodate changing environments. - Develop internal tools and processes to support and optimize day-to-day operations, including analysis and system configuration. - Author detailed functional requirements specification documents for engineering and QA. - Review related system implementations, including user acceptance testing. - Ensure system follows corporate policies and contractual arrangements with content providers. - Assess price change requests and business requirements as they relate to technical and system capabilities. -Partner with compliance team to ensure sound design and effective operations of related controls
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in an Engineering discipline, Management Science, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or an MBA degree with engineering/quantitative background. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.