Business Development Manager, Apple Pay eCommerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Pay is seeking an expert Business Development professional to join the Apple Pay team to promote Apple Pay merchant acceptance, develop consumer adoption and build great user experience on websites, apps and thru new multi-channel commerce experiences. The position will be in charge of improving Apple Pay performance end-to-end and driving growth for Apple Pay. You should be obsessed with conversion performance and to have a deep understanding of all levers driving it (user experience, product feature, technical integration, co-marketing, etc.). You will need to have a deep payment and eCommerce experience and to be passionate about emerging eCommerce trends and great customer experience. An expertise with A/B test and experimentation frameworks is a strong plus. To develop Apple Pay performance, you will need to use analytics to identify and quantify opportunities, work directly with strategic partners to grow conversion performance, solution complex technical use cases, support and bring to bear the development of successful marketing programs, define feature request and product requirements, negotiate commercial agreements, manage the execution of large scale cross functional projects, report and track critical metrics. You should be eager to ideate, craft, orchestrate, and deliver new, innovative commerce experiences with merchants and partners. This would require strong interest and ability to go deep on product. You will work closely and effectively with Apple Pay senior executives and business, product and engineering teams to jointly identify partnership strategies and launch impactful programs. We are looking for a great track record in payments, FinTech, consumer internet companies or emerging start-ups. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs preferred. This is a full time position and is located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 5+ years in business development, product management in eCommerce and/or payments.
- Direct experience in key eCommerce verticals including: internet retailers, eCommerce platforms, OTAs, food delivery, ride share, billing, subscriptions services, etc.
- Deep understanding of payment products and strong technical skills necessary to understand and promote Apple Pay and new commerce experiences.
- Proven success in positions of leadership including recruiting, developing, and fostering strong business development teams.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external collaborators.
- Ability to solve complex business and technical problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) and to drive appropriate performance tracking.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across stakeholders.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering with minimal mentorship.
•Engage at very senior levels and guide executives internally and externally through partnership vision and tactical execution including identification and screening of strategic partners, development of impactful marketing programs and successful negotiation and close of commercial agreements for Apple Pay features. •Lead and partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. •Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. •Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. •Travel required, both nationally and internationally
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, MBA preferred