Identity Management Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Identity Management Services QA group is looking for a highly motivated, Engineer with a strong background in Software Development and Quality Assurance to join its team of highly skilled software engineers. You will be responsible for leading quality engineering of server side & customer facing distributed platforms and applications in a fast paced dynamic environment. Your job is to keep our high-quality bar set high, and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher. The QA Engineer in this role will play a key function in delivering highly critical Identity Management/Authentication features to internal and external customers on OS X, iOS, and Web in addition to supporting the development of internal test automation & test management tools.
- 5+ years of combined work experience in software development and QA
- Admin-level expertise in QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes, tools
- Background in automating functional, system, and integration tests on Web, iOS, macOS, Android, Win
- Experience testing System Failover and Application Disaster Recovery at platform level
- Experience building test programs in Java, Python, Swift, AppleScript, or other OO languages
- Familiarity with Identity Management software fundamentals and test methodologies
- Expertise in testing Web Services (Rest & SOAP), databases, and batch processes
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Extraordinary collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, energizing environment
- Good social skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products.
- Expert-level knowledge of software build tools and CI/CD integrations
- Experience leading distributed vendor resources
- Working knowledge of Apple hardware and software
Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered on Web, iOS, OS X, and other operating systems Build QA test plans and cases with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build test management tools/utilities and improve existing automation platforms Work closely with multi-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop test plans, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the software development process Identify gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggest necessary process improvements Self-motivated and be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical discernment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.