Finance Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Global Finance Projects team has an opening for a Finance Project Manager supporting a variety of finance-focused system implementation projects including business expansions for Apple’s direct and indirect channels including Apple Retail, Online Store supporting new services and new payment methods.
- 5+ years of Finance business and systems project management experience
- Work closely with all Apple business units including Apple Retail, Online Store, Global Business Solutions (Finance), Operations, IT (IS&T) and other organizations in order to drive critical projects on time, and on budget while meeting key business capabilities.
- Oversee project timelines and plans, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition in accordance with Apple’s standardized Project Lifecycle methodology.
- Prepare or coordinate project organization, milestone roadmap, business requirements documents (BRD), request for proposals (RFP), business process documentation including inputs & outputs, project success metrics and management presentations.
- Act as a liaison between the business and technology groups to ensure business project needs are met.
- Identify and manage to the major project milestones which require the ability to seek out material issues impacting the project and quickly resolve the issues to ensure timelines and functionality expectations are met.
- Communicate project status on a regular basis, monitor and manage project risk throughout the life of the project, prepare the business for change readiness as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews.
The Project Manager role may require some degree of travel both domestically and internationally. Candidate must be able to function in a fast paced, dynamic, global environment and capable of balancing multiple priorities that are deadline driven. Must have excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills along with experience working with cross-functional teams. Solid business judgment, including fact-based and data-driven decision making are critical along with the ability to work well with all levels of leadership and an ability to actively engage stakeholders and customers to ensure that projects are done on time and within budget.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree isn accounting or finance or information systems MBA or CPA preferred PMI/PMP certification is a plus
- Additional hands-on experience should include:
- * Project life cycle systems implementation experience with SAP (FI and SD modules) or other Finance systems.
- * Successful finance business process re-engineering experience
- * Strong written & verbal communication skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals
- * Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with global business partners
- * Ability to innovate and share best practices with members of the project team
- * Excellent negotiation skills in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity will also be critical
- * Ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
- * Working knowledge of common financial terms, key processes and theories