Wireless IC Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Hardware Technology Engineering group, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Wireless IC Design Engineer on this team, you will be a part of a silicon design group responsible for digital baseband logic design in state-of-art wireless ICs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of wireless IC design, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- - Experience with ASIC/VLSI design and a track record of developing complex ASIC functions in successful products.
- - Excellent logic design experience including high speed deep sub-micron design and power management/techniques for low power design.
- - Experience with DSP hardware implementations including data path and control logic.
- - Familiarity with design tools for simulation, debugging, synthesis and timing analysis
- - Knowledge of C/C++/systemC and DSP algorithm modeling is a plus.
- - Experience with backend interface, DFT and silicon debug are pluses.
- RTL implementation of baseband processing modules from spec to tape out. - Micro-architecture design by working with architect and algorithm teams. - Detailed documentation of the designs. - Work with verification team for test plan and function coverage. - Design, simulation and synthesis for PPA(power/performance/area) optimizations.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/Ph.D is preferred.