Creative Development Manager, Beats by Dre
Culver City, California, United States
The Brand Marketing team at Beats by Dr. Dre creates some of the most original and culturally relevant creative work in the game. The Creative Development Manager plays a critical role in that process helping to manage the day-to-day creative development process. Every day, our team works to move ahead of culture, lead through disruption, and tell the most inspiring stories through the lens of music, sport, and culture to sell Beats products. You will be responsible for working hands-on with the Brand Marketing team to manage and communicate the development of world-class creative concepts, platforms, and executional ideas of all shapes and sizes. As part of the Brand Creative team, you will help create, manage, and staff the creative development process. Working closely with an impressive team of jaw-droppingly talented in-house creatives, freelancers, and agency partners - you will live and breathe creative excellence. You must have a passion for ideas that change culture, and know how to inspire the broader Marketing team to align around great work. You embrace the challenges that face the entire Beats by Dr. Dre brand and win by obsessing the work, embracing process, and rallying people. You should have deep knowledge in developing 360 creative campaigns, from strategy development to creative ideas (including TV, digital/social, retail, print and out-of-home) especially around content-based campaigns. In particular, it’s important to have a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to identify great ideas regardless of medium. This role will push the boundaries of creative, concept, and campaign development, and champion the importance of storytelling within Beats and the industry at large.
- 5-7+ years of experience managing a creative development process
- 2-5+ years as a senior level producer, project manager, resource manager, or development lead with proven results in creativity and leadership
- Expert in the creative development process, with experience developing and/or delivering brand platforms, large 360 campaigns, high-level conceptual directions, and single execution driven ideas
- Deep knowledge of what it takes to deliver world-class creative work
- Experience working, and leading, cross-functionally to deliver
- Comfortable with resource management, ideally with experience managing resources of all creative disciplines both on and off-site
- Ability to vet and manage external partners
- Broad background in creative problem solving, commercial creativity, and contributing to culturally relevant work
- Ability to synthesize strategic goals, assess creative options, and make informed decisions. Willingness to take risks and pivot as needs change.
- Experience leading a high volume of campaigns/projects with multiple internal and consumer touch points.
- A strong creative sensibility and high-level conceptual thinking. Experience leveraging the power of visuals and storytelling to provoke and engage audiences
- Passion for sport, music and culture that constantly informs your approach to creative development
- A positive force who leads with inspiration and passion. Stays ahead of the curve and makes sure the team does too
- Driven to develop and deliver the best work of your life
Manage the resourcing and development of best-in-class creative ideas that make people around the world pay attention and engage. Partner with Creative Directors team to develop and deliver the best possible creative solution for each and every brief across all channels. Work closely with the Brand team, Partner Comms, Digital Teams and Project Management to track all briefs created for each and every creative ask. Act as a cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialize, absorb, organize and ensure cross-functional feedback is addressed. Partner with Project Management on schedules to establish and own timelines to meet creative development deliverables. Evaluate the project pipeline with the Brand team and Project Management, and manage the creative resource plan for all upcoming projects. Work closely with Production and Brand Studio to ensure proper handoff from development phase to production phase. Manage the resource plan for last minute asks and briefs. Manage the creative development schedule, manage the timeline, and ensure the Brand Creative team meets all milestones and deadlines. Communicate real-time status updates to Project Management, the Brand team, and Production to set proper context and manage expectations during development. Find and identify creative partners, agencies, and freelance creatives to help build the creative resources roster. Act as the primary point of contact for creative resources and partners during development, using excellent communication and leadership skills to help find creative solutions that go beyond the ordinary. Own communication of feedback and manage the review process to ensure internal conversations are reflected in the creative. Collaborate with Procurement, Operations, and Brand team when needed to manage an external partner. Help manage the quarterly budget for freelance creative resources. Help refine the creative development process to maximize creative excellence while meeting deadlines. Own and manage creative development post-mortems, and continually strive for improvement.