Image Sensor Analog Design Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible. Job Summary: The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. In this role, you will be at the center of image sensor design effort, with a critical impact on camera design. This includes scoping and documenting sensor architectures, engaging in design execution and driving sensor validation.
- You will collaborate with the wider camera team to understand the feature requirements that drive sensor needs.
- You will evaluate alternate image sensor read out schemes.
- Evaluate power/performance trade- offs of each, and complexities of implementation.
- Document sensor requirements to the detail required for successful implementation.
- Negotiate design targets and specifications with vendors, drive vendor selection, design execution, silicon validation and productization.
- Develop a roadmap of capabilities for future silicon revisions and camera platforms.
- Drive test chip designs and characterization methodologies.
- Present at meetings on camera performance, features and capabilities.
Be familiar with image sensor manufacturing technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage and integration into camera systems, understand general industry trends and technical challenges. Willing and able to travel to supplier facilities for design reviews, silicon bring up and production issues as needed. Knowledgable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that they can productively work with and support the camera team. Having experience beyond image sensors in MEMS and other sensors is a plus.
Education & Experience
BS required in electrical engineering / MS or PhD preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module Experience for FPGA integration and bring up