Systems Engineer - Camera Technologist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have a proven track record in shipping products with innovative camera technologies
- Strong EE background for camera integration into systems
- You have a deep understanding of image sensor design trade-offs, manufacturing complexities, and characterization methodologies
- You understand image quality and module performance trade-offs for human vision vs computer vision algorithms
- Understanding of camera processing pipeline
- You are able to learn quickly and become familiar with novel camera and sensing solutions (2D, 3D imaging, computational imaging)
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious Systems Engineer to integrate key enabling camera technologies into our products. You have an excellent understanding of camera technologies and an analytical mind for requirements tradeoff analysis impacting system performance and product experience. This role requires highly analytical skills in system product requirements and excellent interpersonal skills. You have technical expertise in the camera module, camera hardware/ISP, and applications to computer vision algorithms, and have a wide breath of novel camera technologies supporting computer vision. This multi-functional role requires highly analytical skills in system design parameters, system concept development, system evaluation, data analysis, and reporting of conclusions.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics) 5+ years work experience