Product Design Manager, Education
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Product Design for Education is looking for an exceptional Product Design Manager to create new products and evolve existing ones. This person must be able to understand and internalize both the day-to-day challenges faced by teachers and students using Apple software and devices, as well as the complexities faced by administrative staff deploying Apple devices and services at scale. They will adapt their designs to the realities of both internal and external systems in the EdTech and IT management spaces, but will strive to create Apple-caliber solutions for these customers, shepherding designs from initial ideation, through rapid iteration, to pixel-perfect implementation. This person will have the opportunity to hire senior lead designers and craft a new team of their own.
- Exceptional design lead and manager of senior designers
- Excellent presenter and defender of work, strong collaborator with Engineering
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms
- Deep systems thinker, able to optimize complex information architecture
- Enjoys improving existing patterns and finding innovative solutions for new features and use cases
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
This product designer will create user experiences for the iOS, macOS, iPadOS and Web. They will have strong communication skills as the position requires working closely with other designers, engineering, product marketing, and presenting to executive sponsors. Responsibilities of this position also include: creating detailed interaction and pixel specs; preparing assets for use in a variety of platforms: engineering implementation, Web use or Keynote presentations; maintaining up-to-date files and uniform naming conventions; ensuring design consistency across all assets and products. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core and shares our deep commitment to advancing education across the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters of Art Design, portfolio of work, excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills, highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals, self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver.
- Mastery of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other design software
- Deep knowledge of Apple products, specifically iOS, iPadOS, and Apple ID
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Experience working across multiple projects at once
- Background or interest in prototyping
- Familiarity with EdTech and/or IT deployment tools (MDM, LMS, SIS, etc) is highly desired