Sr Product Designer Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This role is essential to the success of the Product Design group. The role of this person is to successfully lead our largest and most important initiatives while simultaneously growing more junior people within the organization. Additionally, this person will help to scale the growing group by suggesting structure and processes, including but not limited to hiring, project management and studio life. This person is pivotal for innovative creative leadership and positive group dynamics. Junior team members will look to this person for superlative design direction. This person is responsible to learn, understand and integrate new visual design treatments and technologies. They will actively lead, teach and inspire their org to reach new levels of excellence in consumer experiences and delight.
- Participate, give feedback and disseminate information on:
- Feature Green-lighting
- Headcount & Succession Planning
- Allocate resources
- Participate in understanding related products/features
- Participate with other senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Make final decisions on administrative and operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
• Along with other Leads and Managers, provide focus to the design team by choosing the right products and features, in the appropriate priority • Responsible for design consistency & continuity in their own team and working with internal design teams and teams outside of our Product team • Uphold Apple design practice & processes, keeping in mind new opportunities • Lead collaboration across the design team • Assign resources to features Escalate issues accordingly Participate and facilitate discussion in Design Critiques Participate and facilitate hiring of team members Effectively present and defend Design concepts and follow-follow-through of self and team Effectively help team deliver gorgeous, Apple-Quality consumer product experiences
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters of Arts / Design
- A portfolio of work sample.
- Must be a TEAM player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals
- Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver, solid time management