Server Backend Software Engineer (Siri Experimentation Platform)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Would you like to improve the experiences of billions of users with your code? Our team builds the experimentation platform that empowers Siri to deliver excellent experiences to billions of users every day, and you could be part of it. We are looking for creative engineers with a passion for building world-class internet-scale platforms. As part of this group, you will enable Siri engineers and data scientists to improve user experiences through a data-driven approach while respecting our users' privacy. As an engineer in our team you will develop software running at global scale, partnering with teams across Apple to surface evidence-based results and drive decision-making across many of our products.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient in at least one of following languages: Java, Go, C++
- In-depth experience with complex system design and development
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Practical knowledge of A/B testing, multivariate experimentation, and machine learning systems is highly desired
- Experience with Kafka, Envoy, gRPC, ProtocolBuffer, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase
- Committed to high quality, well-tested code
You have at least a few of the following traits: - Able to comprehend very sophisticated systems and propose design improvements. - Imaginative, highly motivated and care deeply about code craftsmanship. - Strong skills in software design and programming. - Excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to system design. WHAT YOU WILL DO: - Build a platform to help teams run experiments and connect their experimentation data with the rest of our data ecosystem, enabling analysis workflows. - Design and develop server components for the experimentation platform. - Work with cross functional teams to integrate experimentation functions into existing systems. - Empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and hundreds of millions of users to dream of new possibilities for the product. - Play a role from beginning to end in brainstorming, prototyping, coding, debugging, and shipping features. - Collaborate with both server-side and client-side teams to build and deliver solutions at scale. - Ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers a variety of Apple AI/ML products.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent