MDM Site Reliability Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Mobile Device Management plays a critical role keeping devices at Apple secure and is an essential tool that helps us deliver a user experience that meets the high expectations of our company’s employees. Our goal is to make the technology invisible so that everyone can focus on doing the work they love to do at the best of their ability. We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to support our fast-growing Mobile Device Management (MDM) environment at Apple. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a high traffic, high availability environment supporting business critical applications. We are a team that conceptualizes, iterates, and executes system enhancements on an ongoing basis; from infrastructure and tooling to distributed databases configuration management and containerization. If this sounds like you we'd like to hear from you.
- We are looking for an infrastructure technology enthusiast to help make software infrastructure, applications and hardware optimized. You will have an opportunity to demonstrate your in-depth knowledge of load balancing technologies for web applications. There is a lot of opportunity here to innovate at every level on our projects. From infrastructure and tooling to distributed databases configuration management, we are a team that conceptualizes, iterates, and executes system enhancements on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Site Reliability Engineer role
- System administration experience; primarily in Unix systems such as Linux and macOS
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc...
- Experience in coding and scripting: shell, perl, python
- Experience with Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc...
- Strong organizational skills: ability to organize and complete multiple projects of varying lengths.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in clear, non-technical language
- Experience and certification with Jamf is a plus
As the demand for the Corporate MDM service continues to grow rapidly we are forming a team to best position ourselves to deliver a service at the highest level, as expected at Apple. We handle very large numbers of devices (macOS, iOS and tvOS) and support a wide variety of business units with unique needs that MDM can solve. * This role requires the day to day management of the infrastructure (VMs and DBs) that's used to run the Jamf application on and associated integrations that make up our Corporate MDM service. * Constant analysis of the architecture and technology in place and identification of enhancements possible through remediation of known defects or implementation of feature requests. * Wide-ranging multi-functional collaboration with the many departments we interact with on a weekly basis, including Directory Services and Information Security, for new initiatives, support or dependencies. * Demonstrable ability to deliver results on time with high quality. * Explore and evaluate new technologies to push Apple’s capabilities forward. * You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude. As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building solutions and learning new technologies, obsess over the fine details and have the drive to take your ideas and objectives to reality then we would like to talk to you!
Education & Experience
•. BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience