Siri - Sr. Engineering Program Manager, Release Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As a member of the Siri EPM team supporting Server Releases, you will be responsible for delivering software to the development and production environments for millions of users around the world. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of shipping great software and maintaining a high-quality service under demanding timelines. The release management role is responsible for assisting in delivering the highest quality releases within a complex ecosystem of components that come together in the end to produce our customer-facing server platform. This includes components of NL, ML, and several platforms and feature level code all being enforced by continuous testing.
- 7+ years of release program management, project management, and/or Ops engineering experience covering as many of the following as possible: a 24/7 live customer-facing service, a large-scale & international user base, experience with multiple (both internal and external) server environments, a product with external dependencies (e.g. partner data feeds), and responsibility for rapid-response actions.
- PM or engineering ownership of release management for continuous software development feeding into a live service; experience developing roadmaps/long-term strategy for improving release agility without sacrificing quality.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions. Career examples of hands-on involvement in delivering operational frameworks, tools, and processes that improved the customer experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure. Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. High operational precision and attention to detail.
- Drive all aspects of shipping software across the entire Siri organization, including coordinating across all involved teams, determining branching strategy for different code/modeling pipelines, running post-branch qualification, BRB (bug review board), cherrypicking fix approval and quarterbacking operational rollout worldwide. - Improve release agility via process & infrastructure improvements, and still promote a culture of continuous and safe server updates. Anticipate team and platform growth; help scale organization or software delivery processes to ensure maximum success for the team year over year. - Own the software release schedule planning & communication and provide timely updates for all release milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. Act as the main point of contact for Siri release information outside the org for both Apple and external partners & stakeholders. - Own all coordination & communication for hotfixes and other unplanned rapid-response events. This also includes actions such as last-minute marketing asks, executive communication, etc. Ensure efficient diagnosis, quick action, and effective resolution of any issues. - Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- - 10+ years Senior Lead/Management-level experience of all of the above qualifications.
- - Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems, databases, cloud computing, big data, hadoop & networking. Knowledge of Git or other distributed version control systems. Familiarity with Splunk or tools to visualize machine data.
- - Bonus if you have prior programming experience (iOS/OSX, Java, Ruby, Scala, Python, PHP, Go, Swift, etc.)