Prototyping Software Engineer - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all of Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? In this role, you will be a key member of the Platform Architecture team involved in the development of wireless technologies with focus on implementation of prototypes and Proof of Concept (PoC) platforms for all Apple products.
- 6+ years of developing, debugging, and integrating SW for wireless systems on embedded platforms such as iOS or MacOS
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop & debug software at multiple levels including device driver level, network stack, OS (kernel), and user space
- Familiarity with wireless protocols such as WiFi or BT is a plus
- Prototyping experience
- Software skills in C/C++ Programming, OS/Kernel/full stack development experience (incl. iOS & MacOS), IOKit & driver development experience
- Experience and knowledge in wireless protocols
- Proof of concept development expertise
As a Prototyping Software Engineer, you will contribute to inventing and developing new wireless features (i.e., could be hardware, software, algorithms, etc.) improve and enhance Apple's products (including iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.). You will develop and debug software and/or firmware for PoC platforms running iOS or MacOS. Develop instrumentation for the purpose of benchmarking system performance and power consumption under various load conditions related to wireless protocols. You will also work with cross functional teams, including Core Location/Core Motion, Airplay, CoreAudio, and networking, to drive and integrate new wireless capabilities and technologies onto our platforms.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required