Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Applications Group is seeking a Product Designer to work on consumer software applications for the Mac and iOS. You are a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. You possess a rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making each human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers.
- 4+ years experience designing desktop applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Flash and HTML5
- Complete mastery of MacOS and iOS.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Capable of working in a loosely structured organization
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedule
From brainstorming through implementation, the Sr. Product Designer will work with members of the Applications design team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and QA groups. You have the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. He or she is an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove him/herself within a company of talented individuals. The Sr. Product Designer is a key player in resolving future design direction of Apple’s consumer apps. We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of taking software design to the next level.
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent