Global Supply Manager - Travel
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Have a detailed understanding of worldwide airline, hotel, ground transportation and travel service provider industries in order to develop long-term sourcing strategies.
- Be able to identify the latest industry trends and evolving market forces that could impact Apple travelers and/or effect the cost of acquisition.
- Understand the structure of airline ticketing and pricing dynamics. Develop sourcing strategies based on Apple travel patterns and policies to identify the lowest cost.
- Negotiate complex commercial terms and write contract statements-of-work based on Apple’s exacting requirements. Work with legal teams to create and implement terms and conditions templates for each travel category. Be fluent in the commercial terms and conditions used by different industry service providers.
- Understand Apple’s position in the marketplace relative to our peers. Support the Travel team to establish best practices in travel sourcing and help to inform leadership on policy recommendations.
- Be able to develop quantitive financial models in order to analyze how different independent variables (such as supply/demand, capacity, barriers to market entry, geo-political actions, etc.) may affect the cost of travel.
- Have a proven track record of success partnering with cross-functional teams located around the world.
The Global Sourcing Manager (GSM) responsible for travel procurement will partner with the Global Apple Travel & Meetings organization to source and negotiate strategic deals with Apple’s world-wide travel service providers. This position is reporting to the Corporate Procurement organization. Develop a world-wide category procurement strategy based market research and financial analysis. Collect, analyze and evaluate RFP’s in order to establish the market value of the services being purchased. Lead sourcing reviews and supplier business reviews. Negotiate and write contracts for the goods/services. Approve purchase requisition and manage purchase orders as required. Work with other Procurement category leads to develop and implement industry best practices for the acquisition of Travel.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 10 years of experience in purchasing, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Equivalent experience in global travel or indirect procurement considered
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Periodic travel is expected (10-25%)