Senior Software Engineer, Data Services, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the team that designs and builds best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure needs. We’re looking for a senior engineer ready to work at huge scale and have a hand in bringing amazing new products and services to market.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java and/or C++
- Deep understanding of data architecture and related problems
- Experience and deep understanding of scalable data stores like Cassandra, Redis and/or Voldemort
- Experience with using queuing systems such as Kafka
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience working on complex problems and systems where scalability and performance are extremely important (every millisecond counts)
The Apple Media Products Engineering team supports tens of millions of pieces of content in more than 150 markets enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users, which powers various features within the Apple client applications - App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, iTunes, iBooks, Podcast, etc. We’ve got unique and growing needs for data storage and consumption. You will help building the next generation infrastructural services, which provide and support abilities like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing and much more. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with various AMP teams, from the store and commerce through to search and recommendations, creating services and infrastructure platforms and pipelines that can rapidly scale and serve personalized and non-personalized data with very low latency. You should be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a good team player under tight deadlines and tackles problems with elegant technical solutions.
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- • Deep understanding on Redis is a plus.
- • Experience with compute/container platforms such as AWS EC2, K8s is highly preferred
- • Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and engineer highly performant implementations