Technical Writer (Technical API documentation), Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Media Products is looking for an expert in technical writing, with a focus on writing for consumer-grade applications and cloud-based software systems. You will use your skills and experience to work directly with our software engineers and engineering program managers to create and organize material which facilitates and guides our documentation efforts. You will lead many of the documentation projects within our team. You will work with contractors and vendors when appropriate, to extend our writing team.
- Writing samples, including material for a developer audience
- Experience working with engineering teams and engineering program managers
- Fluency with plaintext workflows, including Markdown, Git, and bash
- Familiarity with version control and software development lifecycles
- Visualization skills with Omnigraffle and Photoshop, or similar tools
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Big-picture enough to ensure overall consistency and thematic voice within large documents
- and across document sets, and detail-oriented enough to catch tiny inconsistencies or
- mistakes down to the word
- You are upbeat and results-oriented with a positive attitude
Your main projects will include writing world-class manuals and references for our internal and external tools and services, and improving existing, internal written material. The work spans the entire writing cycle from requirements gathering to publication. To shine in this role, you will bring a love of accuracy and clear explanation, excitement for the journey from zero to deep understanding on a topic youʼre writing about, and interpersonal skills to identify, build relationships with, and interview subject experts. You thrive in a dynamic, highly-collaborative team environment. You welcome criticism, and understand that success comes from influence and nuance rather than blunt disagreement. You appreciate that effective communication benefits from multiple media, not only words. You can recommend various writing approaches, including artwork and video.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree in English, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.