Wireless Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a wireless system engineer to work on MIMO characterization across different wireless technologies for Apple’s wireless products
- Working experience with MIMO characteristics (at a system level), antenna design and requirements for modern wireless communication systems such as LTE, WiFi, 802.11ad and mmWave systems
- Working experience with wireless protocols, antennas and radio propagation.
- Experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE/LTE, 5G mmWave, etc. including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05…) is important.
- Working experience with different lab equipment: network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW), channel emulators.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and certification process for CTIA and 3GPP.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
You would be involved in wireless system development of wireless products with specific responsibilities including design and verification of RF/Over the air (OTA) measurement systems. You will work in a team environment with significant interaction with HW designers and antenna designers. You would be part of simulating real-world propagation environment in a lab setup and understand the performance of the system. You will be studying new system level features and working closely with HW and antenna engineers to come up with comprehensive test strategies to evaluate them. You will also be making recommendations to cross-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues including but not limiting to baseband algorithms and RF/Antenna systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 5 + years' experience required Masters Degree with 3+ years' experience preferred