San Diego, California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. Would you like to join us, as a key member of the RFIC design team, to support WLAN/BT technology and programs across all of our mobile platforms?
- 8+ years of WLAN and BT system architecture experience in mobile applications
- Ability to effectively lead multi-functional teams
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Familiarity with RFIC design and development process
- Experience with RF system simulation tools such as ADS Ptolemy, SystemVue, AWR VSS, or Matlab
- Experience in worldwide regulatory compliance of radio systems
- Define and document WLAN/BT hardware architectures, and performance requirements - Analyze and simulate RF system performance, including spur effects, radio coexistence, and cascaded chain analysis for EVM, IP2, IP3, and NF - Cosim RFIC design with a system simulation tool in order to both reduce simulation time and raise Design Issues ahead of Tapeout - Handle RF coexistence: conditions, mitigation schemes, performance targets - Optimize power consumption and performance of RF systems via internal technology development and external vendor direction - WLAN/BT front end modules (FEMs): collaborate with RF HW team to specify RF architectures and performance targets, and manage related vendors
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MS/PhD in EE preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.