Camera/Depth System Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about joining Apple’s engineering team in Sunnyvale, California as a Camera and Depth Sensing System Architect for the Hardware Engineering Team, focusing on autonomous technologies. The Special Projects Group at Apple is currently seeking an extraordinary systems engineer with broad skills to be responsible for the systems-level analysis, design, and development of new machine vision and depth camera solutions. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you.
- Strong communication skills including: working internally and externally to influence, persuade and negotiate while working with programatic ambiguities; and an ability to work collaborative cross-functionally as well as effectively present at the executive level
- Detailed understanding of both imaging and depth systems and module designs for robotic platforms (image sensors, depth sensors ,optics , mechanics, electronics, assembly processes, etc)
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art ISP data-flows and signal processing blocks for depth sensing
- Experience with current imaging algorithms such as HDR, AMCW depth processing, super resolution, image fusion, multi-camera registration, etc.
- Working knowledge of imaging system simulations and evaluation of simulation results
- Strong understanding of image quality metrics and image quality evaluation for machine learning applications
- Excellent written skills for the clear organized reporting of data analysis and conclusions
Duties include performing the systems-level analysis and modeling of imaging and sensing systems, the design and construction of prototypes to guide systems development and assess user impact, and the definition of system level tests for parametric specifications. You should be highly skilled in several of these areas: Performing the systems-level analysis and modeling of imaging and sensing systems using MATLAB or other mathematical software Defining and documenting systems architecture, requirements, use case analysis, and tests for camera features and technologies Testing, characterizing and analyzing electrical, optical, and optoelectronic components for new systems Defining subsystem and system level tests to characterize and/or guarantee parametric specifications Developing image and depth signal processing algorithms and implementing algorithms in hardware Managing project deliverables and schedules to meet commitments to product development teams Discovering and tracking external technology development by suppliers, competitors and academicians
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics) plus a minimum of 5 years of industry experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.