Payments Compliance Officer - Apple Pay (AML/BSA)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. The Payments Compliance Officer will be responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining various compliance programs that support Apple Pay products and services in the United States. In this role you will help build an extraordinary compliance team, prepare for and participate in internal and external evaluations of Apple’s compliance programs, and engage in product and strategic discussions with the broader Apple Pay team.
- 5+ years compliance policy and operational experience in payments or banking.
- Understanding of the U.S. payments regulatory landscape.
- Experience handling AML and OFAC requirements, including preparing for and participating in internal and external evaluations of compliance programs and developing and implementing desktop procedures.
- Strong project management, communication, and critical thinking skills, particularly in articulating and communicating legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work closely and build trust with broad cross-functional groups.
- Professional certification (CAMS, etc.).
The Payments Compliance Officer will be tasked with handling compliance programs that meet Apple’s regulatory and partnership obligations while supporting innovative payment business lines. This person will: - serve as the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer and will be responsible for handling BSA/AML and OFAC programs in the United States (including SAR filing), as required; - Help maintain financial licenses and registrations, as required; - Conduct day-to-day management of regulatory examinations and partner due diligence efforts, and work cross functionally with internal and external teams to achieve successful results; - Conduct regular compliance training; and - Partner with other Apple teams to handle compliance risk.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; J.D. or other advanced degree preferred.