Product Design Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Mac… iPod… iPhone… iPad… WATCH… what’s next? In this role, you will join a team of talented Engineering Program Managers specializing in managing, prioritizing and executing day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives of the Product Design team responsible for the next new product category at Apple. Your role will include frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Product Design, Industrial Design, Materials, Manufacturing, EE, Display, Camera, Antenna, Battery, and more.
- 5+ years of combined experience in program management and mechanical/electrical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and having high aesthetic quality.
- Experience leading product development in highly dynamic and ambiguous work environments striving for ownership within the Product Design team measuring success by the overall team’s success
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes including basic understanding of manufacturing processes and tooling timelines
- Ability to anticipate functional direction and roadblocks, prioritize parallel closure paths, and effectively distill and communicate relevant data to the appropriate functional teams, including leadership
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Flexibility with ability to evolve and adapt well with rapid development cycles; can stay focused and set direction when faced with ambiguity
- Experience working with Product Design, Industrial Design, Operations, and System Architecture
- Passionate about and inspired by Apple's mission and products
This is a hands-on programmatic role where you will be responsible for parts through the entire process, from early design to mass production. You will create and maintain streamlined project schedules by redirecting pitfalls and developing an improved course of action. You will collaborate and facilitate cross-functional communication across engineering, operations, design teams, and our OEM/development vendors to meet ambitious quality, schedule and cost goals. You understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making, understanding program constraints, converging on a solution and building consensus among key stake-holders. You will drive the manufacturing and assembly of early prototypes, travel to China to support engineering builds, and solve problems on the assembly line. You will offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. You possess strong presentation skills.
Education & Experience
BSEE/ME degree or equivalent. MS degree preferred.