Photos Software Automaton Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world producing millions of treasured moments. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Curated Libraries & Memories and Portraits & Live Photos which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on bringing a world-class photographic experience to all our users. The C&P QA teams work hard and deliver quality products that ship to millions of people. The Photos QA team is currently looking for a Quality Automation SW Engineer to join us in championing this mandate. We are responsible for ensuring the Quality of the application, supporting frameworks and underlying technologies across multiple platforms working cross-functionally with a wide array of persons. We are seeking that unique individual with a strong technical background and understanding of imaging application technologies. Great candidates are experienced tools & automation engineers who write, run and triage UI-centric automation in service to the team’s quality goals. The primary responsibility will be the development and support of automation scripts, libraries, frameworks and tools. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming and communication skills to work alongside quality and development engineering teams on multiple concurrent projects. You will be part of a team driving our automated user interface testing and delivering high-quality releases for iOS, macOS, and other platforms.
- 4-6 years experience in the software industry, with focus and true passion for quality via automation
- Deep understanding of quality assurance software testing via automation that supports formal test plans/suites deployed in local and org-wide CI systems
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation/scripts and other related materials
- Experience with high level OOP languages such as Objective C, JAVA and swift appreciated
- Familiarity with Testing Frameworks - eg, Appium, pytest/nose, Google Espresso & XCUITest is a plus
- Working knowledge of Apple platforms of iOS, tvOS and macOS is preferred, with mobile platform experience especially valued
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with imaging and photo applications and their related technologies desirable
The Photos QA team is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team. You will be developing functional, regression and reliability automated test suites for the Photos QA team within Apple. Primarily responsible for crafting and developing tests and secondarily contributing to the improvement of testing infrastructure i.e. tools, frameworks, test reporting mechanisms. Work with the continuous integration systems to ensure all of the tools & services developed are properly tested and meet the quality goals. You will need to be able to independently investigate and triage hard problems. Your work will support the testing of new and existing features and processes; verifying expected behaviors and detecting defects/failures. As expected you will often partner with larger QA team in triaging OS, app and tool issues. Day to day work focuses on writing test case automation while working closely with others in QA to deliver focused feature testing during all phases of project development. You will also be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting test automation results. Development responsibilities include creating data driven reusable tests and running through local frameworks. Excellent communication skills are a requirement, because of the high level of interaction with the engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple. You will be highly technical, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience