Display FW Engineer / Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Display Silicon Architecture team is looking for a firmware engineer/architect to work on the next generation of displays. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 10+ years of professional experience developing firmware in Assembly/C/C++ for ARM or similar embedded processors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with interprocessor communication, interrupts, memory management, and integrating sensors and non-volatile memory (NOR, NAND Flash)
- Experience with various industry standard communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.
- Experience in developing firmware for multi-processor ASICs with real time constraints
- Good knowledge of Test Driven Firmware Development Methodology with continuous integration and releases
- Experience with Git (or similar) client source code repository operations and work flows
- Hands-on experience with hardware bring up, low level firmware and driver development
- Working knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Bash, Python
- Experience reading and understanding schematics, data sheets
- Troubleshooting and debugging experience using Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.,
- Experience with implementation of image processing and pixel manipulation algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptography and security protocols is a plus
This role requires a strong embedded firmware development background and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. You will work with display silicon architects, external vendors, display electrical engineers, pixel pipeline, software and security architects to prototype and guide HW/SW partitioning, define the FW/SW architecture, implement and productize display firmware with emphasis on top-notch quality.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in EE/CS/CSE