Digital Sculptor (All levels)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for devoted digital sculptors with a strong interest and aptitude in digital 3D modeling for the Industrial Design Group’s CAD Sculpting team.
- A strong passion and enthusiasm for pursuing a lasting career in the craft of 3D modeling.
- Proficiency in Alias or Rhino is preferred, as is the ability to go beyond the limitations of software tools and manually manipulate or refine surfaces.
- Familiar with rendering, visualization, 2D drawing, image editing, and manufacturing software packages is a plus.
- An understanding of NX or other solid modeling CAD programs is especially helpful.
- Experience in industrial design, computational geometry, model making, product design, or related field is desired; however, recent graduates with advanced surface modeling skills will also be considered. Any level modeler is encouraged to apply.
The CAD sculptor creates high-quality digital 3D surface models used in the industrial design and product development process. Responsibilities include interpreting and defining the design intent of the industrial designer using Alias software, while directly collaborating with mechanical engineering, packaging, and tooling teams. 3D data is used to develop numerous product concepts, detailed appearance models, high-quality renderings, and production level surfaces used in tooling for manufacturing. The CAD sculpting team is integral to the design and development of all current and future Apple products. Candidates must enjoy working at a fast pace and possess perseverance, excellent problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills. Although this role is designated for a 3D modeling specialist, familiarity in industrial design is beneficial in facilitating a working relationship with a designer.
Education & Experience
BS or BA in Industrial Design or Transportation Design preferred. Computer Graphics, 3D Animation/Modeling, Fine Arts or Engineering will be also be considered.
- Please submit resume and portfolio in PDF format, emphasizing 3D modeling ability in wireframes to firstname.lastname@example.org.