Software Manager, Search Engine - (Applied Machine Learning)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering team
- Proven leader and team player with an excellent communication skills and track record
- Applied experience with a major search engine / social network is a strong plus
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills; passion for leading, mentoring and developing software engineers
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality; Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- Extensive hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale internet infrastructure; with emphasis on Search and Recommender systems
- Solid understanding of Solr cloud, Spark, Kafka, Flume and other distributed systems like Hadoop and Cassandra
- Analyze, measure and evaluate the search ranking quality in the production system
- Experience leading and growing successful applied ML teams
- Hands on experience in the fields of ML and NLP
- Hand on experience on Query understanding and tokenization.
- Identify and define various ways of search integration with new line of businesses
- Ability to lead geographically distributed teams of software engineers
Join Apple's AML Team, as an AML Engineering Manager - Search. You will drive the vision, strategy, leadership, and overall success for our Search and other ML based systems. Collaborate with peers from Engineering, MarCom, AppleCare and operations teams to solve complex and challenging problems with efficient and scalable delivery of Search solutions. You are expected to be self-motivated, dedicated, and a solution-oriented individual. The main responsibilities for this position include: - Lead an engineering team to deliver best-in-class Search solutions for Apple - Define the architecture and roadmap of search system - Define and build pipeline to ingest, process and tag search data - Define and build pipeline to capture implicit and explicit feedback to evaluate search quality - Designing innovative solutions while playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. - Attract and retain engineering talent
Education & Experience
BS in computer science with 10+ years or MS plus 7+ years experience or related experience.