Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Natural Language Processing group is bridging software, machine learning, and linguistics to power the world’s best software keyboards and text input systems. Our team is responsible for a wide range of text input technologies, including auto-correction, spellchecking, predictive typing, Chinese & Japanese input, tokenization, tagging and other solutions that are at the intersection of machine learning and NLP. Our diverse, multi-faceted team delivers intelligent and highly performant technologies using natural language text data and statistical modeling. We are looking for a passionate and creative engineer to develop new models and algorithms for delivering high-quality text input experiences on all Apple platforms.
- Experience in machine learning techniques (generative and discriminative models), including deep learning
- Familiarity with one or more deep learning toolkits (e.g. Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience in applying machine learning to problems in natural language processing
- Knowledge of fundamental natural language processing techniques
- Ability to run experiments scientifically and analyze results
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting languages
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Fluency in more than one spoken language is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills & collaborative mindset
The position will involve all aspects of the use of natural language processing in software, including design, implementation, algorithms, correctness, user experience, and performance. You will be a key member of a team that delivers the natural language intelligence behind keyboard input on the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. You will gain exposure to state-of-the-art technologies in machine learning and NLP, and your work will have a direct impact on millions of Apple’s customers.
Education & Experience
Master's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline