Analog IP Post-Silicon Validation Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
In this highly visible role, you will perform lab characterization and validation of embedded circuits; and you will Collaborate with many disciplines to launch the world's premiere mobile computing chips. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially hardworking Analog IP Lab Characterization Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and support millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- - 3 or more years experience in test development, debug, and reporting t
- - Deep knowledge in device tests and script development, Python preferred Use of electronic measurement equipment
- - Working experience of data analysis platforms and databases Testing/characterizing data converters, clock generation and timing, I/O, time and frequency domain measurements
- - Deep knowledge in testing/characterizing control loops for various voltage regulator topologies (LDOs, bucks, multi-phase bucks).
- - Deep knowledge in lab work including soldering/instrumenting systems for test or debug. Matlab/DSP experience is a plus
- - Strong initiative taking ownership of responsibilities, being productive, meeting ambitious deadlines
- - Strong written and verbal social skills
- - Detailed oriented, strong emphasis on quality of work
- - Ability to self-check scripts, test patterns, and reports to ensure accuracy
You will be part of a small team responsible for the following: - Bench test, debug and characterization of embedded on-chip circuits (PLLs, DLLs, clocks, memory interfaces and I/Os) - In-system PI/SI measurements for correlating with simulation models - Debug compliance test failure of standard interfaces (USB, MIPI, DisplayPort) - Setup, debug and maintain lab system test environment - Development of bench top characterization tests exercising on-ship circuits through a combination of FPGA, JTAG and analog interfaces - Development and execution of scripts to automate tests, extract and store results and generate reports using database and analysis tools - Preparation of reports related to characterization and debug - Work with chip design teams, system HW and SW design teams, test engineering and product engineering
Education & Experience