Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are building the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. We partner closely with the platform network and server engineering teams to deploy the physical capacity that powers the platform, driving some of our most exciting Apple services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. We ensure that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, cost effective, and secure. We utilize both open source and in- house technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible platform. We have the rare opportunity for you to own delivery for some of the world's largest-scale cloud services.
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience in a cloud infrastructure group
- Strong technical proficiency in network, server, and data center architectures and software development
- Experience with capacity planning and financial analysis
- Proven vendor relationship management and management of vendor logistics
- Prior experience deploying capacity for large-scale cloud services
- Experience in process engineering to improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitations skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; progress and status meetings)
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, focused, and self-sufficient
- Great at prioritization and applying sound, data-based judgement to weigh trade- offs
- Bonus points for past programming experience and for being a project manager for software projects
We are looking for an expert project manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adept at turning ambiguity into action. We need someone with a hands-on approach where you drive all aspects of deployment, including requirements definition, vendor qualification, financial analysis, capacity planning, technical design discussions and documentation, testing, working with partners in data centers, deploying large scale systems, and operating and monitoring services with the expectation of high reliability and high availability. We want someone to create successful outcomes and delivery. You have strong fundamentals, but you have more. You take responsibility. You feel a personal stake in the products you ship. You communicate responsibilities and scope clearly. You have extraordinary attention to detail and you value integrity, we do too. Risk doesn't scare you and you love knowing how things work. At the end of the day your work for the success of the entire team while you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You have deep wisdom and judgement and you keep your eye on the ball while all the while building positive relationships. Is this you?
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in CS or a similar technical field.