AR Frameworks Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you ready to work with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV)? Do you want to collaborate with a talented team to be building greatly designed APIs and frameworks? Do you thrive on solving difficult problems by rapidly and iteratively engineering solutions? This framework team inside the Technology Development Group (TDG) is seeking an energetic and self-driven senior software engineer to play a central role in the delivery of our next generation of frameworks. You will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to engineer upcoming products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- Excellent iOS development skills
- Experience with Apple's APIs and frameworks (e.g. AVFoundation, GCD)
- Experience optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communicate effectively, both written and verbal with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality and details
The ideal engineer is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring a rapidly evolving domain. You will work in a cross-functional team which is developing innovative computer vision/machine learning systems and advanced platforms. As a framework engineer on our team, you will have many responsibilities relating to designing and implementing the architecture and framework of our developer facing API. You will also work closely with internal clients to ensure we’re fulfilling their requirements as well as create prototype applications throughout the release process.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with 3D rendering is a plus
- Computer Vision/Machine Learning knowledge is a plus