Senior Product Manager - Storage - Apple Cloud Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come at Apple. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Platform Engineering team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Help Apple build storage (block, object) cloud infrastructure services spanning across private and public clouds
- Collaborate with engineering, program management and other counterparts to deliver infrastructure products that serve the needs of some of the largest online services ever built: iCloud, iTunes, Maps and many others.
- Own the partnership with key customers in the development and adoption of new products / features
- Collaborate with finance and engineering on cost modeling and allocation, with great focus focusing on maximizing efficiency
- Constantly engage with customers both on a 1:1 basis or through leading customer advisory board and other group sessions
- Work closely with Solution Architects and other groups in ensuring solutions are designed according to service specifications and that roadmap supports user's future plans
- Work closely with finance counterparts in understanding cost-structure and identifying and driving continuous improvements
- Drive Product Management best practices to improve consistency and sustainable organizational growth
- Maintain and publish product roadmaps
- Support senior management planning through roadmap prioritization and refinement of business cases
7+ years of experience in product management Minimum of 3-years of product management experience in IaaS Storage and/or Block storage Experience leading a matrixed integrated Product team Solid understanding of the challenges that face developers deploying large applications on cloud infrastructure and a vision for how great products can help Understanding of infrastructure and cloud economics with proven record of financial and business case modeling Ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product, and advocate for a customer base made up of engineers Excellent interpersonal communications skills to lead productive and collaborative meetings on a complex organizational environment Excellent written and visual communications skills to produce concise and clear written requirements, product presentations and support the creation of general online collateral Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use Successfully launched a complex technical product through the full development lifecycle Hands-on experience as a user of cloud infrastructure is a plus
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or higher field, such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance or business. MBA is a plus.