Pixel IP Design Lead / Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible hands-on management/technical lead role, you will be at the center of the Pixel IP DMA design effort with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will lead a front-end design effort and work closely with architecture, design, verification, and physical design teams to scope, plan, and execute design projects.
- 10+ years of front-end ASIC design experience.
- Experience in micro-architecture and design of high-performance DMAs/data transfer engines/interconnects, especially related to image/video processing.
- You possess a deep understanding of computer architecture, SoC fabrics/interconnects, memory controllers, arbitration, flow control, caching, address translation, image processing and data formats, and performance analysis.
- You have hands on experience with all aspects of the chip development process with proficiency in front-end design and verification tools and methodologies including:
- Area, power, and effort estimation.
- RTL design and automated code generation.
- Low-power design techniques including clock gating and power gating.
- System Verilog, scripting and modeling languages (e.g. Python, Perl, C) Lint, formal equivalence
- Synthesis, timing fixes, ECOs.
- Verification test benches, coverage analysis, formal verification.
- Knowledge of bring-up and debug of FPGAs and silicon.
- Familiar with common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA (AXI, AHB, APB).
- Tight-knit collaboration, schedule and resource planning, and task/team management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
As a hands-on manager/technical lead, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of Pixel IP design. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. • Collaborate with platform architecture team to craft, analyze, and document micro-architecture specifications. • Perform feasibility and basic performance analysis on suggested architectures and algorithms. • Scope features, generate area, power, and effort estimates, schedule work and resources, and execute and track projects. • Collaborating with external teams to align on plans, schedules, and work you're doing. • Lead team to micro-architect and code designs.
Education & Experience
• MSEE Required