Maps Platform Software Engineer - Data Integrity
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps do more than just get us from point A to point B. They let us know where we stand in the world, help define our communities, and highlight what is of cultural importance to us. Tasked with building the world’s best map, you will use large data sets, distributed processing systems, domain expertise, and top-notch development skills to ensure a complete and accurate map. We are looking for passionate, creative software engineers motivated by challenging problems of scale that impact every Maps user.
- Exceptional object-oriented programming skills – Java or Scala preferred
- Solid development experience with distributed systems and highly scalable environments
- A track record of developing and delivering high quality software in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Great solutions come from talented engineers with diverse backgrounds and at all levels
- A passion for maps
Our team combines disparate signals such as data analytics, community engagement, and user feedback to improve the Maps Platform. Combining these signals requires a comprehensive tool chain built around data processing, visualization, debugging, and editing. On any given day, you will work side-by-side with analysts to identify flaws in the map, analyze patterns from real time data streams, define algorithms that validate map data, or build tools to visualize and correct map anomalies. You will need to have exceptional engineering and communication skills, as well as a belief that data-driven feedback leads to great products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Familiarity with OpenStreetMap (OSM) or commercial map data and tool chains
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL or SQL Server.
- Experience scripting with Python, Bash, etc.