Maps Platform Release Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Maps do more than just get us from point A to point B. They let us know where we stand in the world, help define our communities, and highlight what is of cultural importance to us. Tasked with building the world’s best map, you will use large data sets, distributed processing systems, domain expertise, and top-notch development skills to ensure a complete and accurate map. We are looking for passionate, creative software engineers motivated by challenging problems of scale that impact every Maps user.
- Strong hands on technical data pipeline operational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills collaborating with cross functional multiple site teams
- Python, Bash, or similar language experience
- Familiarity with and understanding of large scale distributed systems spanning Java/Scala applications, Spark/Hadoop infrastructure, and Splunk logging
- A track record of developing automation solutions to scale and improve the quality and stability of data pipelines
You will be tasked with executing, troubleshooting, and developing automation to drive maps ingest pipelines. This includes coordinating data content delivery, and defining and implementing workflow processes to ensure high quality deliverables. You will work closely with engineers and related teams and use their feedback to improve the process. You will dive deep into the map data to understand the corner cases and interactions with the data processing software.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and Subversion
- Familiarity with OpenStreetMap (OSM) or commercial map data, with hands on GIS/geo data experience
- A demonstrated ability to assess data quality and identify data flaws and issues in detail